[A] [Ever since returning from Natlan, Bennett's found himself filled with newfound adventurous vigor. He's always loved adventuring: traveling the lands, seeing amazing sights and finding amazing things, returning with incredible stories to tell... Things often were hairy for him on these adventures, but no matter how tricky things he got, his love for it never faded even once.
But now adventuring was even more special for him. He was determined to become the greatest adventurer in all of Teyvat someday. He wanted to make his parents proud, after all. And that meant he had to travel all over.
His adventures take him to the different regions of Teyvat. Who knows who or what he might run into while there?]
[B] [No adventure lasts forever, and every one must eventually end with a proper homecoming. With a burgeoning sack full of goodies and souvenirs, Bennett eventually found himself returning to the gates of Mondstadt. He'd been many places and made many friends all over, but Mondstadt would always be home for him.
As he enters town, his gait slows as he pulls his bag within reach. He started to forage through his bag. He had to have things ready to hand to people as he ran into them. That's when he stopped dead in his tracks, standing at the bottom of the steps leading up into the main fountain plaza. His eyes go wide in shock as a realization hits him.]
Oh crud... Where is it? Don't tell me I forgot about them...
[He was so certain he'd gotten that person something from his travels. Did he really forget, or did he lose it somehow?]
[C] [If you have a specific idea, feel free to throw it at me! Genshin and non-Genshin both welcome, any setting okay]
[ Isn't it crazy the last time Bennett saw Venti, he was lounging in an innertube with a cocktail in one hand? Isn't it crazy how by the time Bennett crosses the threshold back to the main stairs of Mondstadt, he'll see Venti with exactly the item he found missing resting in his lap? A few children are singing a tune, something Venti no doubt just sang to them and before long...
Venti gives a knowing nod and wave. ]
Ah! I was hoping the winds would expedite their travels before I depart for the day. Welcome home, adventurer!
[There's an all-too-familiar voice calling out to Bennett, one that almost sounds as if it was being carried by the wind itself, that causes him to snap out of his worried and look in the direction it's coming from.]
Professor Venti!
[It's funny, it wasn't all that long ago that he and Venti had journeyed together from Mondstadt to the distant shores of Natlan. Venti always proves himself to be a stable, reliable force to the Mondstadt lad, someone who's lively and vibrant one moment, and grounded and comforting the next. He was everything that symbolized the Mondstadt spirit, in a way. He was truly an indispensable ally on that journey to an unknown land.
As he approaches, he sees a familiar item on Venti's lap, a rectangular-shaped box with Fontainian colors and symbols on the paper keeping it safe. It was clear where Bennett had made his way to recently.]
Oh! There it is, where'd you find it? I was beginning to worry I left it back in Fontaine...
[ There's no denying that Venti always has his way about himself. He finds a way, whether it's to be a menace or a guide. Like the wind — it depends on the day. He tilts his head, smirking just a bit. ]
Aww, don't make me give my secrets away. I just stumbled upon it on my return trip home! Aren't we just fortunate?
[It's true that ever since Bennett's adventures in Natlan, his luck seems to truly have turned around for the better. He hasn't run into any true moments of misfortune lately, and the times where something did seem to happen, it always seemed to work out for him in the end. But he was so used to his luck being terrible, it was hard for him to accept that it might actually have changed, like some bizarre shift in the alignment of the stars or something.
Bennett takes the package back from Venti.]
Still, it is pretty lucky I ran into you here!
[Bennett flashes a big grin and turns over the package, which is revealed to have Venti's name written on it in messy handwriting.]
[ Venti may be the one guiding winds at times, for fortune and for new adventures... but even he didn't see the story present itself this way. When Bennett takes the gift back then ... ah, shows it off? His lips sputter. Venti looks away with a bit of insistence. ]
My word, you've knocked the wind from my sails and I don't even have a boat! This humble bard shouldn't accept gifts, really.
I'm sorry. [Bennett ducks his head apologetically. Wine would have certainly been the sensible thing to buy Venti, the infamous drunkard of Mondstadt.]
I promise I visited all sorts of wineries hoping to find one you might like. But so many of them had such difficult to pronounce names and none of them sounded even close to your favorites from Angel's Share, so...
[The tone of his voice is so sincere and apologetic, you'd swear he was a puppy who'd just been scolded, even though Venti had done no such thing.]
I was at such a loss about what I could do, that I spoke to a friend I had there about what a proper gift for a bard who loves song and poetry would be. Thankfully, he had the perfect suggestion!
H-Hey! [ Venti may often be aloof and calm but when his child of Mondstadt seems to take it to heart? He glances over and waves his hands. ] D-Don't apologize, that is a language even I don't know!
[ He was jokinggggg but when his eyes soften and Venti huffs out a sigh. Up he stands, hands on his hips. ]
You won't let me leave this very spot if I won't accept a gift, will you?
[ Groans, but it's clear he's just playing hard to get. ]
Well, who am I to fight against the luckiest guy in Mondstadt? Fine, fine! Provide me your present since your pride rivals even the hottest of Natlan's flames!
[Bennett flashes a big grin, the sort of smile that could light up even the dimmest of rooms and melt even the frostiest of hearts.
Venti never had a chance against someone with as strong convictions as Bennett.]
Then... Here you go!
[He holds out the package to Venti proudly and confidently, waiting for him to take it and open it. It's only after Venti does so that he explains what it is.]
My friend says it's the latest edition of a book containing Fontaine's greatest plays and performances. Apparently a customer of his left it at his shop as collateral and never reclaimed it, so he wasn't sure what to do with it. He said he was just about ready to sell it to a pawn shop when I came along. I guess it really was my lucky day, huh?
[Bennett grows sheepish now, scratching the back of his head.]
I was thinking maybe you could use it as inspiration to come up with all kinds of new tales to sing.
[ It's frustrating, these Children of Mondstadt were so charming and kind... ugh. But, when Venti takes the package... he'll slowly begin to undo it. Bit by bit until he can finally see what's inside.
Bennett explains, as confident as ever. How something thoughtful was also so on-point with his assumptions of Venti. Fontaine had rich history, scandal and troubles like any other country but... he is somewhat interested in the plays and performances. Like any bard would. ]
Do you know what this means? Jeez...
[ He almost sounds sad before perking right up. ]
That just means you've decided our next summer vacation! A tour of Fontaine! Visite du vin et de l'eau! Wines and waters and... aha, plenty of stage plays.
[ He slams the book shut, dramatically with a ripple of his cape. ]
[Bennett's eyes go wide at Venti's suggestion. Their.... next summer vacation? Like, together? And not under the pretense of Bennett getting invited by the Adventurer's guild and Venti inviting himself along because he wanted to visit a friend there?]
R-really...?
[Ahh, don't mind him, as he wipes at the corner of his eye with a hand. His eye's just a little itchy, that's all. The wind must have blown some dust into it, that's all.]
I'd like that. Journeys are always more fun with friends along, after all, and I'm definitely blessed with having some amazing friends, h-haha.
Yes, really! The most really of really's! [ But, Venti sets aside his gift, carefully to step in front of Benny with a wink. A wagging, scolding finger follows. Peepaw... ] Only if you don't let any tears fall until then! Every adventure needs a guide, but I think I'd trust you most of all.
[A] [Liyue was a lot to take in for the uninitiated. Exuberant sights, sounds, and even smells, all wrapped up in a vibrant package steeped in culture and history. If you're not used to a large city like Liyue, it can be overwhelming.]
Hey there! You new in town?
[A brunet runs up to you, a cheerful, excited expression on his face. He doesn't even wait for you to respond.]
Don't worry, it's written plain as day on your face, heheh. I get it, Liyue's a lot to take in, especially if you're from the sticks like I was. First time I came here from Qiaoying, the sight of the towering pagodas nearly knocked me on my butt.
[There's a brief pause from him, only long enough to refill his lungs, before he continues talking.]
You hungry? The best way to kick off a visit to some place new is a belly full of the local cuisine! C'mon, I know a great dim sum place in town. It's my treat!
[B] [It's dangerous to walk the mountain roads of the land of Liyue, at least by yourself. The hilichurls were dangerous enough, but the real threat were the Treasure Hoarders that frequented the roads, preying on any unsuspecting travelers or merchants passing through. And unfortunately for you, regardless of which category you fall under, they've set their sights on you as their next target.
Thankfully, help has arrived. Pouncing like a tiger from on high, Gaming crashes into one of the bandits and knocking them out, before taking stance to deliver his next attack. But not before checking on your wellbeing, that is.]
Hey, you okay? You should take cover somewhere, I'll deal with these guys for you.
[C] [If you have a specific idea, feel free to throw it at me! Genshin and non-Genshin both welcome, any setting okay]
BENNETT
[Ever since returning from Natlan, Bennett's found himself filled with newfound adventurous vigor. He's always loved adventuring: traveling the lands, seeing amazing sights and finding amazing things, returning with incredible stories to tell... Things often were hairy for him on these adventures, but no matter how tricky things he got, his love for it never faded even once.
But now adventuring was even more special for him. He was determined to become the greatest adventurer in all of Teyvat someday. He wanted to make his parents proud, after all. And that meant he had to travel all over.
His adventures take him to the different regions of Teyvat. Who knows who or what he might run into while there?]
[B]
[No adventure lasts forever, and every one must eventually end with a proper homecoming. With a burgeoning sack full of goodies and souvenirs, Bennett eventually found himself returning to the gates of Mondstadt. He'd been many places and made many friends all over, but Mondstadt would always be home for him.
As he enters town, his gait slows as he pulls his bag within reach. He started to forage through his bag. He had to have things ready to hand to people as he ran into them. That's when he stopped dead in his tracks, standing at the bottom of the steps leading up into the main fountain plaza. His eyes go wide in shock as a realization hits him.]
Oh crud... Where is it? Don't tell me I forgot about them...
[He was so certain he'd gotten that person something from his travels. Did he really forget, or did he lose it somehow?]
[C]
[If you have a specific idea, feel free to throw it at me! Genshin and non-Genshin both welcome, any setting okay]
comes in late with starbucks (venti) - b
Venti gives a knowing nod and wave. ]
Ah! I was hoping the winds would expedite their travels before I depart for the day. Welcome home, adventurer!
[ NOT WEIRD AT ALL. ]
i'd prefer a trenta personally
Professor Venti!
[It's funny, it wasn't all that long ago that he and Venti had journeyed together from Mondstadt to the distant shores of Natlan. Venti always proves himself to be a stable, reliable force to the Mondstadt lad, someone who's lively and vibrant one moment, and grounded and comforting the next. He was everything that symbolized the Mondstadt spirit, in a way. He was truly an indispensable ally on that journey to an unknown land.
As he approaches, he sees a familiar item on Venti's lap, a rectangular-shaped box with Fontainian colors and symbols on the paper keeping it safe. It was clear where Bennett had made his way to recently.]
Oh! There it is, where'd you find it? I was beginning to worry I left it back in Fontaine...
no subject
Aww, don't make me give my secrets away. I just stumbled upon it on my return trip home! Aren't we just fortunate?
[ He'll lift it up, offering it with a smile. ]
Or maybe you're just lucky?
no subject
[It's true that ever since Bennett's adventures in Natlan, his luck seems to truly have turned around for the better. He hasn't run into any true moments of misfortune lately, and the times where something did seem to happen, it always seemed to work out for him in the end. But he was so used to his luck being terrible, it was hard for him to accept that it might actually have changed, like some bizarre shift in the alignment of the stars or something.
Bennett takes the package back from Venti.]
Still, it is pretty lucky I ran into you here!
[Bennett flashes a big grin and turns over the package, which is revealed to have Venti's name written on it in messy handwriting.]
This one's for you, after all!
no subject
My word, you've knocked the wind from my sails and I don't even have a boat! This humble bard shouldn't accept gifts, really.
[ ...Pause. One eye opens and looks over. ]
Unless it's wine? ...That's not wine shaped.
no subject
I promise I visited all sorts of wineries hoping to find one you might like. But so many of them had such difficult to pronounce names and none of them sounded even close to your favorites from Angel's Share, so...
[The tone of his voice is so sincere and apologetic, you'd swear he was a puppy who'd just been scolded, even though Venti had done no such thing.]
I was at such a loss about what I could do, that I spoke to a friend I had there about what a proper gift for a bard who loves song and poetry would be. Thankfully, he had the perfect suggestion!
no subject
[ He was jokinggggg but when his eyes soften and Venti huffs out a sigh. Up he stands, hands on his hips. ]
You won't let me leave this very spot if I won't accept a gift, will you?
[ Groans, but it's clear he's just playing hard to get. ]
Well, who am I to fight against the luckiest guy in Mondstadt? Fine, fine! Provide me your present since your pride rivals even the hottest of Natlan's flames!
no subject
Venti never had a chance against someone with as strong convictions as Bennett.]
Then... Here you go!
[He holds out the package to Venti proudly and confidently, waiting for him to take it and open it. It's only after Venti does so that he explains what it is.]
My friend says it's the latest edition of a book containing Fontaine's greatest plays and performances. Apparently a customer of his left it at his shop as collateral and never reclaimed it, so he wasn't sure what to do with it. He said he was just about ready to sell it to a pawn shop when I came along. I guess it really was my lucky day, huh?
[Bennett grows sheepish now, scratching the back of his head.]
I was thinking maybe you could use it as inspiration to come up with all kinds of new tales to sing.
no subject
Bennett explains, as confident as ever. How something thoughtful was also so on-point with his assumptions of Venti. Fontaine had rich history, scandal and troubles like any other country but... he is somewhat interested in the plays and performances. Like any bard would. ]
Do you know what this means? Jeez...
[ He almost sounds sad before perking right up. ]
That just means you've decided our next summer vacation! A tour of Fontaine! Visite du vin et de l'eau! Wines and waters and... aha, plenty of stage plays.
[ He slams the book shut, dramatically with a ripple of his cape. ]
It's decided!
no subject
[Bennett's eyes go wide at Venti's suggestion. Their.... next summer vacation? Like, together? And not under the pretense of Bennett getting invited by the Adventurer's guild and Venti inviting himself along because he wanted to visit a friend there?]
R-really...?
[Ahh, don't mind him, as he wipes at the corner of his eye with a hand. His eye's just a little itchy, that's all. The wind must have blown some dust into it, that's all.]
I'd like that. Journeys are always more fun with friends along, after all, and I'm definitely blessed with having some amazing friends, h-haha.
no subject
no subject
[He's quick to dry off his eyes, and then flashes a big grin for Venti. See? All smiles here.]
Haah... I don't know what I did to be blessed with so many great people in my life, but...
[He clenches his fists in front of him, feeling fired up (and emotional).]
I'm definitely gonna have to express my thanks to the Anemo Archon for it all later!
GAMING
[Liyue was a lot to take in for the uninitiated. Exuberant sights, sounds, and even smells, all wrapped up in a vibrant package steeped in culture and history. If you're not used to a large city like Liyue, it can be overwhelming.]
Hey there! You new in town?
[A brunet runs up to you, a cheerful, excited expression on his face. He doesn't even wait for you to respond.]
Don't worry, it's written plain as day on your face, heheh. I get it, Liyue's a lot to take in, especially if you're from the sticks like I was. First time I came here from Qiaoying, the sight of the towering pagodas nearly knocked me on my butt.
[There's a brief pause from him, only long enough to refill his lungs, before he continues talking.]
You hungry? The best way to kick off a visit to some place new is a belly full of the local cuisine! C'mon, I know a great dim sum place in town. It's my treat!
[B]
[It's dangerous to walk the mountain roads of the land of Liyue, at least by yourself. The hilichurls were dangerous enough, but the real threat were the Treasure Hoarders that frequented the roads, preying on any unsuspecting travelers or merchants passing through. And unfortunately for you, regardless of which category you fall under, they've set their sights on you as their next target.
Thankfully, help has arrived. Pouncing like a tiger from on high, Gaming crashes into one of the bandits and knocking them out, before taking stance to deliver his next attack. But not before checking on your wellbeing, that is.]
Hey, you okay? You should take cover somewhere, I'll deal with these guys for you.
[C]
[If you have a specific idea, feel free to throw it at me! Genshin and non-Genshin both welcome, any setting okay]